Under the overall supervision of the Senior Resources Management Officer (SRMO); and direct supervision of the MPRR-SSA Regional Finance and Budget Officer in collaboration with relevant units at Headquarters and the Administrative Centres, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for providing procurement and logistics support functions primarly at the Regional Office for the MPRR project.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Review and process all online purchase requisitions, purchase orders, OIPA, etc related to the MPRR project; verify they have all the required information and comply with the Purchase Authorization Matrix and other office instructions and obtain any necessary additional information.
- Assist to prepare a procurement plan for the programme based on the programme level work plan and in close coordination with the respective unit leads.
- Assist supervisors in more complex, higher-value purchases.
- Prepare tender documents, solicit bids and quotations as applicable; prepare bid analysis summary and share it with the requesting unit; may participate in the evaluation process and provide technical inputs.
- Once the purchase is approved, confirm terms of agreement with selected suppliers, prepare the relevant documentation (purchase order, contract, etc.) and coordinate the required authorizations.
- Monitor status of open commitments, including at country level, and follow up on the timely delivery of goods and services; upon delivery, coordinate with the receiving unit to obtain satisfactory delivery notes.
- Monitor assets and assist country offices implementing the MPRR in asset management, reporting and maintenance.
- Review vendor invoices, prepare payment requests and coordinate with Finance the timely payment to suppliers/service providers.
- Create and maintain physical and electronic records of all documentation through the procurement cycle in accordance with IOM instructions and procedures; retrieve, present and analyse information from the system and prepare periodic reports highlighting issues that require attention.
- Assist the Procurement and Logistics unit of the Senegal CO in conducting market surveys to identify potential new suppliers/service providers; participate in their evaluation regarding quality, prices and services in line with the organization’s best interests.
- Keep track of any contractual agreements and inform concerned parties for timely renewal; monitor office supplies and service and prepare requisitions when required and coordinate with Finance Unit the payment of utilities invoices.
- Provide briefing and technical guidance to all staff in the office on procurement related instructions and procedures.
Perform logistics tasks related to workshops, seminars, activities of the MPRR programme; including vehicle coordination.
- Provide training and guidance to new/junior staff in the unit.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in in Business Administration, Accounting, Logistics, Supply Chain Management or a related field from an accredited academic institution with three years of relevant professional experience; or,
- High Scholl degree in the above fields with Five years of relevant professional experience.
- Certification in Procurement, Logistics or Supply Chain Management is an advantage.
- Experience in procurement and logistics and working with vendors and service providers;
- Experience with asset management process;
- Experience working with IOM/UN Procurement and Logistics Rules and Procedures is an advantage;
- Experience working in an international organisation an advantage.
- High level of computer literacy
- Knowledge of SAP highly desirable
- Ability to work with national and international institutions;
- Ability to prepare clear and concise report;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies :
- Values – All IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these five values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: Respects and promotes individual and cultural differences. Encourages diversity and inclusion.
- Integrity and transparency: Maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Courage: Demonstrates willingness to take a stand on issues of importance.
- Empathy: Shows compassion for others, makes people feel safe, respected, and fairly treated.
Core Competencies – Behavioural indicators- Level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes
- responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply
Interested internal and external candidates are invited to submit their applications by e-mail to email@example.com , indicating: « ROWCA-HR-23-005-VN, Procurement and logistics assistant» in the subject line.
For applications to be considered, applicants are asked to submit applications with a cover letter (no more than one page long) specifying motivation and qualifications for applying, as well as a detailed resume/CV, functional e-mail address and mobile telephone number. Incomplete applications will automatically be rejected.