The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) Secretariat invites applications from suitably qualified Gambians for the position of Communications & Media Officer. The post holder will report directly to the Director of Communications & Media.
Please note that either late or incomplete applications will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applications expected for the position, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The National Human Rights Commission is an equal opportunity employer. Therefore, qualified females are encouraged to apply.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Communications & Media Officer will support the Directorate in promoting and popularizing the work of the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC). S/he will achieve this through creation and production of written and multimedia products including infographics and audio-visual designs, and social media content creation and management.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(i) Branding and visibility
- Support creation and use of standard branded templates for the Commission’s publications;
- Support creation, finalization and dissemination of Commission branded material;
- Support media and online monitoring to gauge reputational risks and support remedies;
(ii) Multimedia production
- Take and organize photos of meetings and other Commission engagement to produce photo stories;
- Support development of written video scripts for thematic videos and subtitling of videos;
- Support in managing the Commission’s digital platforms including the website and social media pages;
- Contribute in the production, editing, and finalizing internal and external reports;
- Support airing of radio and TV adverts and/or hourly programmes;
- Support quality assurance of all materials, including proofreading and editing;
- Serve as alternate to the Director on Senior Management and Programme meetings;
(vi) Other Duties
- The Communications and Media Officer is expected to support the Directorate’s effort in mainstreaming communications in the Commission;
- The postholder is expected to perform other assigned duties as necessary that commensurate with the position;
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university in a relevant field of study such as Mass Communication, English Language, Development Studies, etc.
- Have a minimum of three years untarnished professional experience as a Communications professional or related experience;
- Diploma from a recognized institution in relevant field of study;
- Have a minimum of five years untarnished professional experience as a communications professional or other related experience;
- Not have been involved or associated with any questionable activity or matter connected to the subject matter of the Commission’s mandate;
- Good written and spoken English;
- General knowledge of human rights issues;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills;
- Photography skills with a professional camera;
- Excellent knowledge of and cordial working relation with the media;
- A good sense of personal and team accountability;
- Ability to collaborate constructively with other staff and meet tight deadlines;
- Strong sense of commitment to openness, honesty and integrity in undertaking the role;
- A good command of French both spoken and written skills is an added advantage;
- Willingness to travel to any part of the country to perform official duties;
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS
Deadline for submission of Application: Friday, 17th February 2023 by 12pm.
Remuneration: A competitive renumeration package will be offered to the successful candidate.
Send applications together with relevant supporting documents including two reference letters one of which should be from a current or immediate former employer clearly marked “Application for Communications & Media Officer” to: The Executive Secretary or email to: email@example.com
NB: Only applications either hand-delivered to the office or sent by email would be accepted.