Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for appointment as an Administrative Manager at Fajara. The post-holder will provide administrative, system, financial and travel safety management support to the Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Department to ensure the efficient running of the department and compliance with policies and procedures across the Unit.
1. Essential requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Administration, Economics, Management, or other related fields with experience working in an administrative position.
- Previous experience working in a similar role or other administrative position.
- Advance IT knowledge and data management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding in health and safety related subjects.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to gather data, compile information and prepare reports.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work within a team environment as well as a demonstrated ability to interact effectively and collegially with a diverse clientele on a daily basis.
- Excellent time management skills.
- The ability to deal assertively with difficult situations, maintain discretion and confidentiality.
- The ability to trouble-shoot, solve problems; take initiative and follow through on projects.
- The willingness and flexibility to manage and respond quickly and efficiently to unanticipated requests are critical.
- Willingness to travel including to upcountry sites when required.
- Willingness to work flexibly as required.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field of study.
- Good understanding of general health and safety rules and regulations.
- The ability to manage change and willingness to embrace new opportunities & working practices within health and safety.
Salary will be paid in MRCG at LSHTM’s Grade 3-25 Points.
To apply, please visit www.mrc.gm to download an application form and job description.
We cannot accept applications from individuals who are currently or in the last six months, employed by The Gambia Government.
Completed application forms and documents should be emailed to email@example.com.
The appointment is for 3 years initially and is subject to a probationary period of 6 months.
The closing date for the receipt of applications is 22nd February 2023.
MRCG at LSHTM is an Equal Opportunities Employer and operates a strict no smoking policy.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.