job title: Accounts Assistant
Reports to: Finance Manager and Accountant
Duration: 1 year, renewable
Location: Dakar - Senegal
TrustAfrica is an African led pan African foundation headquartered in Dakar, Senegal. We are an independent philanthropy rooted on the continent, and this is central to what we do and how we do it. Our Mission is to promote responsible citizenship and accountable leadership in solving Africa’s most pressing challenges and contributing to three strategic priorities- Equitable Development and Economic Justice, Democratic Governance and African Philanthropy.
Under the supervision of the Accountant , the Accounts assistant will mainly serve as a Projects Accountant with the main following responsibilities:
- Make data entries in the Accounting System( accounts payable, accounts receivable, petty cash ,general entries, etc);
- Provide support for financial analysis and reporting using spreadsheets;
- Ensure that payment requests are in accordance with TrustAfrica’s policies and procedures;
- Assist with the verification of accuracy and integrity of all creditors and service providers’ information;
- Assist with the preparation of bank reconciliations;
- Provide required documents for the yearly financial audit;
- Process the travel accounts after verification as well as perform reconciliations;
- Assist with the timeously payment of TrustAfrica's creditors and service providers;
- Sort out incoming and outgoing daily courier for the finance unit, and answering any queries;
- Maintain a complete filing system: File all records including electronically for contracts, agreements, payments, correspondences and any other Finance related supporting documents;
- Perform the fixed assets inventory as instructed by the Accountant or the Finance Manager at the end of the fiscal year;
- Perform other duties which may arise within the Finance unit and as requested by the Accountant or the Finance Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Diploma in Finance or Accountancy
- At least 3 years practical experience in accountancy.
- Computer literacy and experience of computerised accounting packages.
- Good communication skills.
- Must be accurate and detail conscious in approach to work.
- Ability to work as a part of a team.
- To have an organised and methodical approach to work.
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines with minimum supervision.
- Flexibility and supportive to other team members.
- Some experience with an NGO or in the development sector would be advantageous.
- Strong sense of integrity and personal commitment to the goals of TRUSTAFRICA
- independently, remotely with minimum supervision and process and package information into action proactively.
- Ability to work within cross functional teams and diverse backgrounds, work cooperatively and network effectively.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and consciousness and ability to network and collaborate on shared objectives.
- Acknowledge diversity and leverage it to achieve collaborative approaches
- Deadline for submission of all applications: 25th November 2022